How to be an Advocate
It’s a power that we all have. It’s standing up for others and what you believe in your heart. It can be championing a cause. Or, simply not being silent. Valley of the Sun United Way invites you to be part of the change by speaking up to influence the condition of all.
Who is an advocate? You are an advocate.
- If you tell your friend, neighbor, loved one or family member that you give to United Way, you’re an advocate.
- If you work with a Partner Agency and speak on behalf of United Way, you’re an advocate.
- If you are serving United Way in a volunteer or staff role either within your workplace or engaged in one of our all-volunteer boards – you’re an advocate.
- And if you are a current or past Loaned Executive, you’re definitely an advocate.
We need your voice, your passion and above all, your willingness help improve the lives of those around us by sharing your United Way experience with others. Whether you’re getting informed by signing up for our newsletter or spreading the word through your own network of friends and family, this is the platform to advocate for the common good in the communities in which we work and live.
Advocate Something You Care About
- Public Policy How-to Guide
- Arkansas Government Website
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas Senate
- Write your US Representative
- US Senate Contact information
- US Senate and Representative Search
*This is a public policy organization. The views expressed by these organizations are not necessarily those of the United Way or its affiliates and partner agencies