The United Way of Fort Smith Area at Work in Franklin County
Individual services offered to Franklin County residents.
Dollars invested into the Franklin County community.
Meals served to Franklin County residents through food programs funded by United Way dollars.
Men, women and children received services and entered programs to help them cope with tragedy, crisis and addiction.
Children took part in recreational, educational and character building activities and programs funded by United Way dollars.
Nursing home residents received compassionate care and therapy through volunteer programs funded by United Way.
Did you know?
- 30% of households with children in Arkansas struggle to afford enough food to lead healthy, active lives.
- 1 in 3 females and 1 in 4 males will experience rape, physical violence and/or stalking in their lifetime.
- Doing something productive outside the classroom, whether physical, mental or creative, is crucial to finding meaning in our lives and gaining self esteem.
- College graduates earn up to 55% more than high school graduates.
Partner Agencies Providing Services to Franklin County Residents
- Arc for the River Valley
- Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship
- Boys and Girls Club of South Logan County
- Boys and Girls Club of Van Buren
- Boy Scouts
- Center for Arkansas Legal Services
- Community Services Clearinghouse
- Crisis Intervention Center
- Fort Smith Boys and Girls Club
- Fountain of Youth Adult Day Center
- Girls Inc.
- Girl Scouts
- Harbor Gateway Recovery Centers
- Literacy Council of Western Arkansas
- Ozark Area Youth Organization
- Project Compassion
- River Valley Regional Food Bank
- Salvation Army
- Stepping Stone
Community Initiatives in Franklin County
- Day of Caring
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Fill the Bus
- Rising in the River Valley
- Step Up, Speak Out
- Touch A Truck