The United Way of Fort Smith Area at Work in Logan County
Individual services offered to Logan County residents.
Dollars invested in the Logan County community.
Meals served to Logan County residents through food programs funded by United Way dollars.
Logan County men, women and children received services and entered counseling to help them cope with tragedy, crisis and addiction.
Children and youth took part in recreational, leadership and character building activities.
Scholarships were awarded to single parent to help them return to school.
Children under the age of 5 received free, age-appropriate books to help them become school ready.
Did you know?
- 30% of households with children in Arkansas struggle to afford enough food to lead healthy, active lives.
- 1 in 3 females and 1 in 4 males will experience rape, physical violence and/or stalking in their lifetime.
- Doing something productive outside the classroom, whether physical, mental or creative, is crucial to finding meaning in our lives and gaining self esteem.
- College graduates earn up to 55% more than high school graduates.
Partner Agencies Providing Services to Logan County Residents
- Abilities Unlimited
- Arc for the River Valley
- Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship
- Boys and Girls Club of Paris
- Boys and Girls Club of South Logan County
- Boy Scouts
- Center for Arkansas Legal Services
- Community Services Clearinghouse
- Crisis Intervention Center
- Fort Smith Boys and Girls Club
- Fountain of Youth Adult Day Center
- Girls Inc.
- Girl Scouts
- Harbor Gateway Recovery Centers
- Ozark Area Youth Organization
- Project Compassion
- River Valley Regional Food Bank
- Salvation Army
Community Initiatives in Logan County
- Day of Caring
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Fill the Bus
- Rising in the River Valley
- Step Up, Speak Out
- Touch A Truck