The United Way of Fort Smith Area at Work in Sebastian County
Individual services offered to Sebastian County residents.
Dollars invested in the Sebastian County community.
Seniors receive meals daily through United Way programs and services.
Children between the ages of 3 and 18 took part in recreational, leadership and character building activities.
Single parents residing in Sebastian County were awarded scholarships to return to school to help them better their families and the community.
Did you know?
- 30% of households with children in Arkansas struggle to afford enough food to lead healthy, active lives.
- 1 in 3 females and 1 in 4 males will experience rape, physical violence and/or stalking in their lifetime.
- Doing something productive outside the classroom, whether physical, mental or creative, is crucial to finding meaning in our lives and gaining self esteem.
- College graduates earn up to 55% more than high school graduates.
Partner Agencies Providing Services to Sebastian County Residents
- Abilities Unlimited
- Arc for the River Valley
- Arkansas Single Parent Scholarship
- Boys and Girls Club of South Logan County
- Boys and Girls Club of Van Buren
- Boy Scouts
- Boys Shelter
- Center for Arkansas Legal Services
- Community Dental Clinic
- Community Services Clearinghouse
- Crisis Intervention Center
- Fort Smith Boys and Girls Club
- Fountain of Youth Adult Day Center
- Girls Inc.
- Girl Scouts
- Girls Shelter
- Harbor Gateway Recovery Centers
- Lincoln Childcare Center
- Literacy Council of Western Arkansas
- Next Step Homeless Services
- Project Compassion
- River Valley Regional Food Bank
- Salvation Army
- Sebastian Retired Citizens Association
- South Sebastian County Boys and Girls Club
- Stepping Stone
Community Initiatives in Sebastian County
- Day of Caring
- Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Fill the Bus
- Rising in the River Valley
- Step Up, Speak Out
- Touch A Truck